Aketta® Recipe Tips
Our 100% cricket powder adds a nutty flavor and protein boost to recipes you are already using, try these simple additions!
- Baked goods - use one part Aketta to three or four parts flour (or gluten-free mixes). Add it to pancakes, cookies, breads and cakes.
- Smoothies – add 1-2 tablespoons to your favorite smoothie recipe.
- Seasonings and rubs – Try a 1:1 ratio with spices and rubs to add protein and a nutty flavor. We like mixing this with red chile powder, nutritional yeast, and curry.
Aketta® whole crispy
Crispy Aketta make a great snack when tossed with spices, can be used as a direct substitute for nuts, and make a delicious crunchy topping to soups and salads.
- Snacks – lightly spray crispy Aketta with oil and toss with your favorite seasonings, you can also add them into your favorite snack mix and guacamole.
- Salads – top your favorite salad with roasted Aketta, no need for meat or nuts. We like them on Chinese chicken salad (no chicken!) and our favorite kale salad.
- Soups – a great substitute for both the tortillas and the chicken in tortilla soup, more protein and less fat! Great sprinkled on tomato and noodle soups too.
- Wraps and tacos - roasted Aketta make great fillings right out of the bag!