What exactly is "Paleo?" Well for starters, it's a few different things. It's a diet, it's a movement, and it's a way of life.
The paleo diet encourages you to get back to your roots (no pun intended), bringing the focus back to nutrient dense foods. If you want to take part in paleo dieting you must remember 2 key facts.
- Eat as our ancestors would have eaten, before agricultural changed the world.
Benefits of going Paleo include:
- Eliminate processed foods. Processed foods are hard to digest and often result in a lack of nutrients absorbed.
- Increased omega 3 content
Examples of Paleo food include
Items to EAT
- Grass-fed meats
- Healthy oils (olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado, coconut)
Items NOT to eat
- Refined sugar
- Processed foods
- Overly salty foods
- Refined vegetable oils
- Candy/junk/processed food